- Decided to implement the prototype using the SQLite C API instead of using mozStorage. There are two reasons for this: the Sqlite C API is better documented and I code much faster in C. Once the initial prototype is ready and refined, it should be easy to write a mozStorage backend.
- Studied the current ephy-history.[ch] API and its usage within the Ephy codebase.
- Started implementing the prototype for "history" as a GObject style library. Currently, it can create a database connection, create the schema (tables) and run simple queries. The plan is to create Python bindings for the library once it is completed. We can then test the prototype using Python code.
- Studied the SQLite3 and GObject/Glib APIs.
Planned next week:
- More prototype hacking.
- Update the library API and the DB schema based on feedback.